Yes + Elysium Further Listening am 20.10.2017

Die Pet Shop Boys Diskussion. Alles Neue und Interessante zu den Boys. Hier könnt Ihr auch Fragen stellen oder Fragen anderer Fans beantworten.
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Zukunft
Insider
Insider
Yes + Elysium Further Listening am 20.10.2017

#1 Beitrag von Zukunft »

PET SHOP BOYS ANNOUNCE THE SECOND SET OF RELEASES IN ‘CATALOGUE: 1985-2012’, THE LANDMARK SERIES OF REISSUES OF
THEIR PARLOPHONE STUDIO ALBUMS THE ALBUMS ‘YES’ AND ‘ELYSIUM’ ARE REMASTERED AND REISSUED WITH ‘FURTHER LISTENING’ ALBUMS OF ADDITIONAL AND PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL‘YES’ AND ‘ELYSIUM’ REISSUES OUT OCTOBER 20TH
Pet Shop Boys will release the second set of albums in their definitive ‘Catalogue: 1985-2012’ series of reissues of all their Parlophone studio albums.
This second set sees the PSB albums ‘Yes’ from 2009 and ‘Elysium’ from 2012 reissued on October 20th.
Both titles have been remastered and are accompanied by ‘Further listening’ albums of master quality bonus tracks and demos created in the same period as each album, as well as Pet Shop Boys’ own remixes of their tracks, including some previously unreleased material.
Both albums will be packaged with an extensive booklet in which Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe discuss each song, illustrated with many archive photographs. The entire project is designed by Farrow.

‘Yes’ was produced by Brian Higgins and his production team Xenomania. The record debuted at number four on the UK Albums Chart upon release and was nominated for Best Electronic/Dance Album at the 2010 Grammy Awards.
This expanded version of the album features guests including The Human League’s Phil Oakey, who shares vocals with Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe on ‘This used to be the future’.
Johnny Marr also appears on ‘Yes’, his guitar work featuring on several tracks including the single, ‘Did you see me coming?’.
The album’s lead single and UK Top 20 hit, ‘Love Etc.’, became PSB’s ninth number one hit on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Songs
chart in the USA, breaking the record for most chart-topping singles by a duo or group on the Billboard Dance Chart.
This reissue of ‘Yes’ includes - alongside the remastered original album - Pet Shop Boys’ previously unreleased monitor mix of ‘The loving kind’, a song which became a Top 10 hit for Girls Aloud, as well as previously unreleased demos of songs from the 2010 Young Vic theatre production, My Dad’s A Birdman.
PSB mixes of ‘Did you see me coming?’, ‘The former enfant terrible’ and more are also included.

Full track-listing for the reissue of ‘Yes’ below:
Yes/Further listening: 2008
-
CD1
1. Love etc.
2. All over the world
3. Beautiful people
4. Did you see me coming?
5. Vulnerable
6. More than a dream
7. Building a wall
8. King of Rome
9. Pandemonium
10. The way it used to be
11. Legacy
CD2
1. Gin and Jag
2. This used to be the future (with Phil Oakey)
3. We’re all criminals now
4. Gin and Jag (Frisky mix)
5. Beautiful people (demo)
6. My girl
7. The loving kind (monitor mix)*
8. Love etc (PSB mix)
9. Did you see me coming? (PSB Possibly more mix)
10. The former enfant terrible (PSB Bring it on mix)
11. Up and down
12. Brits medley**
CD3
1. I cried for us
2. It doesn’t often snow at Christmas (new version)
3. All over the world (new version)
4. Viva la vida/Domino dancing (Christmas EP mix)
5. My Girl (Our house mix)
6. Leaving (demo)
7. Together
8. Glad all over (From “Together” CD single)
9. The dumpling song (demo from My Dad’s A Birdman)*
10. Wings and faith (demo from My Dad’s A Birdman)*
11. Nightsong (fan club download 2010)**

* Previously unreleased
** Previously unreleased on CD

‘Elysium’, originally released in 2012, was seen by some as a shift in sound and direction for Pet Shop Boys.
Writing for the album began whilst PSB were on tour with Take That, with some tracks dating as far back as 2008.
The album was co-produced by PSB with Andrew Dawson, who engineered much of Kanye West’s album ‘808s & Heartbreak’, a record which Neil Tennant had become ‘mildly obsessed’ with at the time.
The darker lyrical themes of ‘Elysium’ are reflected in the record’s sound.
Neil Tennant said: ‘It is deep in terms of the sound — got a lot of sub-bass —it's sort of deep in terms of subject matter, the way it's expressed. But I think it's the Pet Shop Boys' most beautiful album.’
The ‘Further listening’ album of additional material alongside this ‘Elysium’ reissue features previously unreleased demos entitled ‘Vocal’, ‘She pops’ and ‘In slow motion’, as well as PSB mixes and remixes of ‘Leaving’ and ‘Memory of the future’.

Full track-listing for the reissue of ‘Elysium’ below:
Elysium/Further listening: 2011-2012
CD1
1. Leaving
2. Invisible
3. Winner
4. Your early stuff
5. A face like that
6. Breathing space
7. Ego music
8. Hold on
9. Give it a go
10. Memory of the future
11. Everything means something
12. Requiem in denim and leopardskin
CD2
1. Vocal (demo)*
2. She pops (demo)*
3. Inside
4. In slow motion (demo)*
5. Listening
6. Hell
7. The way through the woods (long version)
8. I start
ed a joke
9. In his imagination
10. Leaving (Believe in PSB mix)
11. Leaving (Side by side remix)
12. Leaving (Freedom remix)
13. Memory of the future (New single mix)
*Previously unreleased

The Catalogue reissues of ‘Yes’ and ‘Elysium’ will go on sale on October 20th. Upon pre-order of the albums, the tracks ‘The loving kind (monitor mix)’ from ‘Yes’ and ‘Vocal (demo)’ from ‘Elysium’ will instantly available. To pre-orderthe albums, please follow the links below:
‘Yes’ - https://lnk.to/YesMP
‘Elysium’ - https://lnk.to/ElysiumMP

The ‘Catalogue: 1985-2012’ reissue series began earlier this year on July 28th with the release of ‘Nightlife’, ‘Release’ and ‘Fund
amental’ which all entered the Top 40 album charts. The reissues will continue until all PSB Parlophone albums have been released with ‘Further listening’ albums:
Please/Further listening: 1984-1986
Actually/Further listening: 1987-1988
Introspective/Further listening: 1988-1989
Behaviour/Further listening: 1990-1991
Very/Further listening: 1992-1994
Bilingual/Further listening: 1995-1997

The reissues of ‘Please’, ‘Actually’, ‘Introspective’, ‘Behaviour’, ‘Very’ and ‘Bilingual’ were originally released with bonus ‘Further listening’ albums in 2001 and are being newly remastered with their original track-listings for this project.

www.petshopboys.co.uk

greatdreamer
Insider
Insider
Re: Yes + Elysium Further Listening am 20.10.2017

#2 Beitrag von greatdreamer »

Etwas enttäuscht vom Track-Listing. Hätte mir gerade bei Yes mehr unveröffentlichtes gewünscht. Aber schön, dass es jetzt so schnell geht.

Roland
Insider
Insider

#3 Beitrag von Roland »

Gemäß meiner Erwartung kaum nennenswerte Novitäten. Dafür sind die Alben aber auch noch zu frisch und während ihrer Ära auch schon gut ausgeschlachtet. Da von "Birdman" nur Demos veröffentlicht werden, halten Sie das Hauptmaterial weiterhin aus bestimmten Gründen zurück.

Für "Yes" hoffe ich, dass sich das Remaster positiv auswirkt. "Did you see me coming" und "All over the world" klingen auf dem Original ganz schrecklich "brickwalled".

Ich rechne damit, dass mit der nächsten Ankündigung auch die Gesamt-Box kommt. Mal sehen ob die Einzel-VÖ´s dann wirklich
so "definitive" sind wie Herr Tennant sagt, und der Box ausser einer passenden Umverpackung nix weiter spendiert wird. Schätze dann, dass die Nachauflagen der ersten Sechs FL´s kommenden Frühjahr kommen.

ChrisPSB
Insider
Insider

#4 Beitrag von ChrisPSB »

Meine These lautet: Da kommt keine Box. :)
BBFL 🤝🏻

nitelife
Insider
Insider

#5 Beitrag von nitelife »

nach sichtung meiner cds und 12" singles bin ich etwas verwirrt. die psb mixe von leaving gab es wohl als download-only?
kann sie nirgendwo finden. allerdings haben sie keine markierung als previously unreleased oder als previously unreleased on CD.

nitelife
Insider
Insider

#6 Beitrag von nitelife »

yes/fl ist im psb store ausverkauft jetzt. kennt jemand die auflage?

Konstantin
Insider
Insider

#7 Beitrag von Konstantin »

nitelife hat geschrieben: Di 5. Dez 2017, 14:48 nach sichtung meiner cds und 12" singles bin ich etwas verwirrt. die psb mixe von leaving gab es wohl als download-only?
kann sie nirgendwo finden. allerdings haben sie keine markierung als previously unreleased oder als previously unreleased on CD.

Lt. www.psb-catalogue.com gab es die Remixe zum einen als Download und dann in einer Auflage von jeweils 50 Stück auf den beiden US-Promo-CDs von Astralwerks. Denke mal, daß diese Promo-VÖ der Grund ist, warum weder die Tracks weder mit "previously unreleased" noch mit "previously unreleased on CD" angegeben wurden.
"That's another good thing about Pet Shop Boys: Always home in time for dinner."
Stuart Price

young.offender
Insider
Insider

#8 Beitrag von young.offender »

Wieso gib es eigentlich keine "PSB discuss-" Videos zu Yes & Eylsium, wie es noch bei den vorangegangenen Re-Issues der Fall war? :(

Antworten